UK: Chamarré secures fresh supermarket listing
French wine brand Chamarré has secured a listing at UK supermarket Asda.
The wine, produced by Opera Vins & Spiriteux (OVS), a group of French wine co-operatives, has enjoyed a wide presence in the UK since its launch in February. Retailers Threshers, Co-Op, Somerfield and Morrisons also stock the brand.
UK export manager Vincent Norguet said: "The great result Chamarré has seen in the UK is due mainly to the fact that the brand was created to be easily marketable and attractive to the consumer. OVS believes that the way to make the French offer more dynamic is to seduce new consumers."
Asda will list the Colombard-Sauvignon and Cabernet Sauvignon-Grenache from Chamarré, wines priced at around GBP4.99 (US$9.26).
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Cognac is back - is Remy Cointreau ready?
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World