USA: Chalone Wine Group Chairman, Phil Woodward Will Make a Rare East Bay Appearance to Sign His New Book
Phil Woodward's visit is in conjunction with The Wine Steward's Chalone Wine Group tasting weekend and Pleasanton's Hot Rods Night. Woodward, a car enthusiast, will be driving his 1969 Citroen 2CV delivery van to this event. Phil also owns a 1959 Porsche Roadster and a 1961 Chevrolet Corvette.
Joining Woodward on Friday evening will be Jade Mountain winemaker Douglas Danielak. Jade Mountain is renowned for its Rhone-styled wines. Mike Richmond of Acacia Winery in Napa will be appearing on Saturday, August 26, 2000. The Wine Steward is located on 641 Main Street in Pleasanton.
The weekend event at The Wine Steward is a wonderful opportunity to taste all the superbly crafted wines of the Chalone Wine Group. We will pour wines from Acacia, Carmenet, Canoe Ridge, Chalone Vineyard, Echelon, Edna Valley, and Jade Mountain.
Chalone Wine Group, Ltd. (Nasdaq:CHLN), "the Company," is a Napa-based company specializing in premium white and red varietal wines. In California, the Company owns and operates Chalone Vineyard in Monterey County, Acacia Winery in the Carneros District of Napa County, and Carmenet Vineyard in Sonoma County. In conjunction with its 50 percent joint-venture partner, Paragon Vineyard Co., the Company also owns and operates Edna Valley Vineyard in San Luis Obispo County. Additionally, the Company produces and markets wines of Central Coast appellation under the brand name Echelon Vineyards. In the state of Washington, the Company owns and operates Sagelands Vineyard (formerly Staton Hills) and is a 50.5 percent managing partner in Canoe Ridge Vineyard. In the Bordeaux region of France, the Company owns 23.5 percent of the fourth-growth estate of Chateau Duhart-Milon, in partnership with Domaines Barons de Rothschild (Lafite), which owns the other 76.5 percent.
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research