USA: Chalone results hit by strong dollar and slowing economy
Announcing its April-June 2001 results The Chalone Wine Group Ltd recorded a gross profit of $5.4m, an increase of $33,000 for the same period the previous year. Gross revenues were $13.9m, a fall of 4%. Commenting on the results, Tom Selfridge, president of the Chalone Wine Group said: "The US fine wine industry has been hurt by the sudden slowing of the economy, discounting caused by the large 2000 harvest from new producing vineyards and the flood of imported wines due to the strong dollar.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- Comment - Beer - What’s in a (Brand) Name?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's H1 & Q2
- NPD: Alcohol Beverage “Mash-Ups” Fuel Innovation
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Britvic promotes GB marketing head to global post
- Molson Coors CEO to retire
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- PepsiCo appoints W Europe, S Africa Tropicana GM