UK: Château Hansen to be first China winery at LIWF
Chateau Hansen will be at the LIWF
Château Hansen is set to become the first Chinese winery to exhibit at the London International Wine Fair (LIWF).
The company – believed to be China's first organic estate – will showcase its wines at this year's show at ExCel, 20-22 May. Bruno Paumard, Chateau Hansen's winemaker and export manager, will be presenting the wines, including Côtes du Fleuve Jaune du Désert de Gobi - a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Gernischt, Cabernet Franc and Merlot.
LIWF director Ross Carter said: “We are delighted that Château Hansen will be using the LIWF as a launch platform into the UK and key European markets. More than ever, the fair is a showcase for new, unexplored territories in the wine world."
Château Hansen is located in Wuhai, on the southern edge of the Gobi Desert, in Inner Mongolia. The company currently produces around 2m bottles annually, according to the LIWF.
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Premiumisation comes to bottled water - NPD
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Carlsberg's Shed Head and Bad Apple craft - NPD
- Asahi loses Q1 sales overseas
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Carbonates in India