CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
Diageo holds majority control of India's United Spirits
A filing with the Bombay Stock Exchange yesterday confirmed that Murali tendered his resignation from the post, "and from the board of directors of all subsidiaries of the company on which he was a director" earlier this week. "The company’s board of directors has accepted his resignation," said United Spirits in the filing.
When contacted by just-drinks, a spokesperson for Diageo said: "We are aware of Mr Murali’s resignation. We will be working with United Spirits to identify a suitable replacement and an announcement will be made in respect of that at a later date."
While no further details behind the move were given, one local report has highlighted speculation linking Murali's departure to an investigation initiated by Diageo into "possible irregularities in the transactions involving the company and (former parent company) UB Group".
Earlier this year, Diageo, which owns 55% of United Spirits, secured shareholder support at the second time of asking to permit the Indian company to produce and sell its brands in the country.
To read the BSE filing, click here.
United Spirits Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information....
Pernod Ricard's MD of finance & operations has said the company will only innovate around its Jameson brand "with substance". ...
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- US craft beer growth slows again - IRI figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits