USA: Cerveceria Cuauhtemoc Moctezuma Launches New Presentations in the United States
Through this venture, Tecate confirms its leadership as the best-selling imported beer in a can presentation in the United States market, and becomes the first Mexican beer in a 16 oz. can presentation in such market.
Presently, the 16 oz. Tecate can is distributed in markets such as Texas, Arizona and New Mexico, targeting primarily convenience stores as their principal distribution channel, where "single serve" presentations have contributed more than 50% of the growth rate of imported beer sales over the last year in such channel.
In addition, the 16 oz. Tecate can is offered in four-packs to the supermarket channels, which will enable consumers to obtain an attractive, convenient package at an accessible price.
The Dos Equis Lager 12 oz. can presentation will complement the brand's portfolio in the United States market, which includes glass bottles and kegs.
Both presentations broaden the sale and consumption points for these brands in stadiums and beaches, where cans are the preferred and legally approved beverage packaging.
These launchings represent an opportunity to continue building brand equity abroad for the products of Cerveceria Cuauhtemoc Moctezuma. This is an important achievement in the export strategy of FEMSA Cerveza.
FEMSA Cerveza is a Sub-holding company of FEMSA (NYSE:FMX; BMV:FEMSA UBD), the largest Beverage Company in Mexico. Cerveceria Cuauhtemoc Moctezuma, FEMSA Cerveza's principal subsidiary, exports to the United States, Canada and selected countries in Latin America, Europe and Asia. Founded in 1890 and with headquarters in Monterrey, Mexico, Cerveceria Cuauhtemoc Moctezuma produces and distributes renown beer brands such as Tecate, Carta Blanca, Superior, Sol, XX Lager, Dos Equis and Bohemia.
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- How has craft beer put the squeeze on world beers?
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Consumers want brands that challenge them - study
- Heineken signs JV deal in Philippines
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends