INDIA: Cerana Imports to bring Estrella Damm to India
Estrella Damm will launch in India next month
Gruppo Damm has teamed with Cerana Imports to launch its namesake Estrella Damm beer brand in India.
The two companies confirmed late last week that Cerana will handle the importation of the brand, which is set to hit India next month. The Spanish conglomerate said the move is part of “an important international expansion” for Estrella Damm.
The Indian roll-out, in cities including Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Goa, Bangalore, Chandigarh and Chennai, will be backed by the release of the Estrella Damm Inedit variant in “fine dining restaurant outlets”, according to Cerana.
“Our company is going through an important international expansion and our products are available in more than 43 countries,” said Enric Crous, Gruppo Damm’s general director. “It is a big step to launch Estrella Damm in India and we are excited to be part of one of the fastest growing beer markets in the world.”
Ankur Jain, managing director of Cerana, added: “The Indian consumer is quickly up-trading. We feel that this being one of the first beers from Spain to be launched in India will bring in considerable excitement to the market this fall.”
Cerana handles Indian distribution of several other European beer brands, including Duvel, Liefmans, Chimay and Weihenstephan.
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Beam Suntory strikes new Baltics tie-up
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future