INDIA: Cerana Imports to bring Estrella Damm to India
Estrella Damm will launch in India next month
Gruppo Damm has teamed with Cerana Imports to launch its namesake Estrella Damm beer brand in India.
The two companies confirmed late last week that Cerana will handle the importation of the brand, which is set to hit India next month. The Spanish conglomerate said the move is part of “an important international expansion” for Estrella Damm.
The Indian roll-out, in cities including Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Goa, Bangalore, Chandigarh and Chennai, will be backed by the release of the Estrella Damm Inedit variant in “fine dining restaurant outlets”, according to Cerana.
“Our company is going through an important international expansion and our products are available in more than 43 countries,” said Enric Crous, Gruppo Damm’s general director. “It is a big step to launch Estrella Damm in India and we are excited to be part of one of the fastest growing beer markets in the world.”
Ankur Jain, managing director of Cerana, added: “The Indian consumer is quickly up-trading. We feel that this being one of the first beers from Spain to be launched in India will bring in considerable excitement to the market this fall.”
Cerana handles Indian distribution of several other European beer brands, including Duvel, Liefmans, Chimay and Weihenstephan.
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Belvedere unveils executive team
- Diageo targets Millennials with DeLeon ads