INDIA: Cerana Imports to bring Estrella Damm to India
Estrella Damm will launch in India next month
Gruppo Damm has teamed with Cerana Imports to launch its namesake Estrella Damm beer brand in India.
The two companies confirmed late last week that Cerana will handle the importation of the brand, which is set to hit India next month. The Spanish conglomerate said the move is part of “an important international expansion” for Estrella Damm.
The Indian roll-out, in cities including Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Goa, Bangalore, Chandigarh and Chennai, will be backed by the release of the Estrella Damm Inedit variant in “fine dining restaurant outlets”, according to Cerana.
“Our company is going through an important international expansion and our products are available in more than 43 countries,” said Enric Crous, Gruppo Damm’s general director. “It is a big step to launch Estrella Damm in India and we are excited to be part of one of the fastest growing beer markets in the world.”
Ankur Jain, managing director of Cerana, added: “The Indian consumer is quickly up-trading. We feel that this being one of the first beers from Spain to be launched in India will bring in considerable excitement to the market this fall.”
Cerana handles Indian distribution of several other European beer brands, including Duvel, Liefmans, Chimay and Weihenstephan.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- This week in spirits & wine
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Brodir - NPD
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts