EUROPE: CEPS, EFRD confirm merger
A new trade body representing spirits producers in Europe has been established following the merger of the European Spirits Organisation (CEPS) and the European Forum for Responsible Drinking (EFRD).
The new group, spiritsEUROPE, consists of 31 industry groups from across Europe, including eight multi-national drinks firms. Paul Skehan, spiritsEUROPE's new director general said the merger was to “consolidate” and “focus” the resources of the two groups.
“We are trying to make sure the two groups are more obviously intergrated and working together,” he told just-drinks.
Gavin Hewitt, who was CEPS' president, will take the same role for spiritsEUROPE. Hewitt is also chief executive of the Scotch Whisky Association.
The new group's objectives include to “defend the freedom to produce and market spirits in a responsible way by securing appropriate legislative conditions for production, marketing, distribution and sale of spirits in Europe”, and to “secure no discriminatory treatment of spirits in comparison to other alcoholic beverages”.
The headlines today (3 May) may suggest that minimum unit pricing is on its way in Scotland. But, for those in our industry who oppose the proposal, there's no need to panic yet. There's still a way t...
Earlier this week, brand valuation consultancy Intangible Business released the results of its latest survey of the world's spirits brands. Here's a look at the top ten, along with the methodology use...
The ten fastest-growing spirits brands in the US ranked by percentage increase in volume in 2012 versus 2011: ...
The many facets of rum reflect a versatility that looks set to keep an already growing category moving in the right direction, according to a new report from just-drinks and The IWSR....
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Pernod launches pomegranate whisky drink
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research