EUROPE: CEPS, EFRD confirm merger
A new trade body representing spirits producers in Europe has been established following the merger of the European Spirits Organisation (CEPS) and the European Forum for Responsible Drinking (EFRD).
The new group, spiritsEUROPE, consists of 31 industry groups from across Europe, including eight multi-national drinks firms. Paul Skehan, spiritsEUROPE's new director general said the merger was to “consolidate” and “focus” the resources of the two groups.
“We are trying to make sure the two groups are more obviously intergrated and working together,” he told just-drinks.
Gavin Hewitt, who was CEPS' president, will take the same role for spiritsEUROPE. Hewitt is also chief executive of the Scotch Whisky Association.
The new group's objectives include to “defend the freedom to produce and market spirits in a responsible way by securing appropriate legislative conditions for production, marketing, distribution and sale of spirits in Europe”, and to “secure no discriminatory treatment of spirits in comparison to other alcoholic beverages”.
The headlines today (3 May) may suggest that minimum unit pricing is on its way in Scotland. But, for those in our industry who oppose the proposal, there's no need to panic yet. There's still a way t...
Earlier this week, brand valuation consultancy Intangible Business released the results of its latest survey of the world's spirits brands. Here's a look at the top ten, along with the methodology use...
The ten fastest-growing spirits brands in the US ranked by percentage increase in volume in 2012 versus 2011: ...
The many facets of rum reflect a versatility that looks set to keep an already growing category moving in the right direction, according to a new report from just-drinks and The IWSR....
- Can Bacardi take its rum back to the party?
- What Trans-Pacific Partnership means for drinks
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- ABInBev on the verge of SABMiller buy? - Comment
- Japan and the global soft drinks race
- Anheuser-Busch InBev wins SABMiller's hand
- A-B InBev raises SABMiller offer to GBP70.5bn
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- Brito gives call to arms to SABMiller shareholders
- Beam Suntory CMO to stand down
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV - Strategy and SWOT Report