IRELAND: CEO switch at Pernod Ricard's Irish Distillers
Ricard, whose appointment takes effect from 1 July, replaces Paul Duffy, who has been promoted to the role of Pernod Ricard USA chairman & CEO. Duffy has been at Irish Distillers since 1994.
Alexandre Ricard, who is the nephew of Pernod's chairman & CEO, Patrick Ricard, has been the managing director of Hong Kong-based Pernod Ricard Asia Duty Free since September 2006.
Irish Distillers produces whiskeys such as Jameson, Midleton, Powers and Paddy, as well as Huzzar vodka and Cork Dry gin.
For our final interview of 2008, we're putting aside sales forecasts and market performances for a moment in favour of a personal reflection on one of the drinks world's most influential figures, Robe...
Pernod Ricard's unexpected move for Absolut in March set the tone for a year in which Diageo eschewed any significant acquisitions in favour of joint deals with existing brand owners. Olly Wehring rev...
Christmas is naturally a time when alcohol retailers, pubs and restaurants do well but it is also a time of aggressive price promotion among retailers. Chris Losh bemoans the damage being done to the ...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
Corby Distilleries, which owns the licence to Pernod Ricard brands in Canada, has appointed Spinnaker Capital Markets as its independent investor relations and capital markets adviser....
Pernod Ricard has signed a deal with Norway's Arcus Gruppen to sell several drinks brands acquired as part of its takeover of Vin & Sprit....
Tax rises, slowing sales growth and vicious discounting are threatening to cause widespread job losses across the UK wine sector early next year, industry sources have told just-drinks....
Pernod Ricard UK has launched an extension of its 'Accept Responsibility' advertising campaign to target drink driving in the UK....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Guinness Nigeria sees YTD sales, profits tumble
- Bacardi recruits ex-News International exec
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends