UK: CEO switch at Drambuie as chairman retires
The retirement of Drambuie's chairman has prompted a change of CEO
Drambuie has announced a change of CEO, following the retirement of its non-executive chairman Richard Stone.
The UK-based spirits company said yesterday (24 May) that Phil Parnell, who has been CEO for five years, will replace Stone as chairman. Michael Kennedy, formerly regional director for Southern Europe, global travel retail and Latin America, takes over from Parnell in the CEO role.
Also, former ICI chief executive Brendan O’Neill will come on-board as a non-executive director. In addition to his overall board responsibilities, O’Neill will be responsible for the company’s audit and remuneration committees.
Finally, Jonathan Brown, Drambuie’s regional sales director for Northern and Eastern Europe since 1994, has been appointed as a director.
Late last year, Drambuie posted a slight dip in sales in the year to the end of June, as its namesake liqueur brand struggled to regain ground lost during the height of the global economic crisis.
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Coca-Cola to get boost from Monster in China
- CCE shows faith in Coca-Cola Life with full launch
- Sustainability in Wine - Part IV
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- United Spirits bids for distribution deal approval
- Gruppo Campari US unit head steps down
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018