UK: CEO switch at Drambuie as chairman retires
The retirement of Drambuie's chairman has prompted a change of CEO
Drambuie has announced a change of CEO, following the retirement of its non-executive chairman Richard Stone.
The UK-based spirits company said yesterday (24 May) that Phil Parnell, who has been CEO for five years, will replace Stone as chairman. Michael Kennedy, formerly regional director for Southern Europe, global travel retail and Latin America, takes over from Parnell in the CEO role.
Also, former ICI chief executive Brendan O’Neill will come on-board as a non-executive director. In addition to his overall board responsibilities, O’Neill will be responsible for the company’s audit and remuneration committees.
Finally, Jonathan Brown, Drambuie’s regional sales director for Northern and Eastern Europe since 1994, has been appointed as a director.
Late last year, Drambuie posted a slight dip in sales in the year to the end of June, as its namesake liqueur brand struggled to regain ground lost during the height of the global economic crisis.
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends