US: CEO succession concerns PepsiCo board - report
Indra Nooyi has been at the helm of PepsiCo for five years
Members of the PepsiCo board of directors have expressed frustration at the lack of a potential successor to CEO, Indra Nooyi, according to reports.
Nooyi has been at the helm of the US soft drinks and snacks firm for five years. However, some members of the board are said to be concerned over the lack of a plan for a successor, the New York Post reported today (8 November).
A number of "marketing missteps", including a push into healthier foods that has not proved as successful as hoped, coupled with flat stocks mean that pressure to oust Nooyi "will be hard to ignore" if the company's stock does not improve, the newspaper reported.
Members have also expressed frustration that the only potential successor, Pepsi Beverages Co's CEO, Eric Foss, is set to leave the company next month, sources told the publication. He is the only PepsiCo executive to have been in charge of a publicly-listed company, having run Pepsi Bottling Group until its sale to PepsiCo last year.
According to the New York Post, members are set to address the issue over the next six months.
When contacted by just-drinks earlier today, PepsiCo declined to comment on the report.
PepsiCo was never going to win many prizes for its first-quarter showing, but management is keen to show that its mammoth restructuring plan is a case of 'so far, so good'....
PepsiCo has been forced to withdraw 277 Tropicana Kids Orange Juice multi-packs in the UK due to contamination....
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker set for festive push in TR
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends