POLAND/US: Central European Distribution Corporation retains Gallo Vineyards in Poland
The US-based company, which operates predominantly in Central and Eastern Europe, confirmed earlier today (21 March) that it will be the exclusive wine distributor for Gallo in Poland for a further three years. The extension will be backed by short- and mid-term sales objectives for Gallo's wine brands, a spokesperson for CEDC told just-drinks today.
“We believe our strong partnership with Gallo Vineyards over the last seven years, and the continuation of the successful brand strategy for Carlo Rossi, will enable us to further develop our presence in the wine market,” said CEDC's president & CEO, William Carey. “The overall selection of Gallo Vineyards wines … establishes a powerful foundation for expansion in a steadily developing wine market of Poland.”
While CEDC will continue to distribute Gallo's Carlo Rossi, the leading wine brand in the Polish market, it will also start distributing the Barefoot wine brand for Gallo in the country.
To read CEDC's official announcement, click here.
Central European Distribution Corp has hailed a welcome distraction from its recent troubles, with its Zubrowka vodka brand names as the fastest-growing spirits brand last year....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Absolut rebound paints rosy picture for Pernod
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends