USA: Central European Distribution Corporation Receives Exclusive Distribution Rights In Poland For Beck's Pilsner
Central European Distribution Corporation (Nasdaq: CEDC), today announced it had secured exclusive distribution rights in Poland for Beck's Pilsner, Germany's number one export beer, from Brauerei Beck and Company of Bremen, Germany.Beck's Pilsner, which was introduced in 1878, brews 4.2 million hectoliters annually, of which 2.6 million are for export, and is sold in 120 countries worldwide. Poland is considered one of the most important developing markets for Beck's Pilsner.William Carey, Chairman and CEO commented, "We are very excited about receiving the exclusive rights for Beck's Pilsner to add to our portfolio of international beer brands. With the imported beer market in Poland growing at approximately 25%, one of the fastest in the world, we see great potential in the Beck's brand, which we expect to sell in excess of 100,000 cases in the first year."CEDC is the leading importer of beer, wine and spirits, as well as the largest distributor of domestic vodka on a nationwide basis in Poland, a four billion-dollar market at the retail level in 1998. The Company operates sixteen regional distribution centers in major urban areas throughout Poland, one of Europe's fastest-growing economies, from which it distributes many of the world's leading brands, including brands such as Johnnie Walker Scotch, Stock Brandy, Sutter Home and Mondavi wine, Miller Genuine Draft, Corona, Foster's, Budweiser Budvar and Guinness beer.Except for the historical information contained herein, the matters discussed in this news release are forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties that are detailed from time to time in the Company's Security and Exchange Commission reports.For further information please contact Jeffrey Peterson, Executive Vice- President, at 941-330-1558, or visit our Web site, at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends