US: Cellar Door, Huneeus launch Chilean wine
The premium wine division of Constellation Brands has teamed up with the Huneeus family to launch a "vibrant and stylish" Chilean wine.
Cellar Door, which includes the Robert Mondavi and Leasingham brands, has unveiled a brand named duo, produced under the guidance of Agustin Francisco Huneeus, former president and CEO of Franciscan Estates.
"duo is an exciting new project that captures the vibrant and stylish lifestyle of Latin America in two great wines," said Nick Withers, marketing manager for Cellar Door. "Our wines were created to showcase that lifestyle and to celebrate the youthful energy of Chile's next generation."
duo offers two wines from two premier regions in Chile: a 2005 Casablanca Valley Sauvignon Blanc and a 2003 Maipo Valley Cabernet Sauvignon-Merlot. Both wines are available nationwide in the US at selected retail locations for around US$14.00.
The amount spent on wine by UK consumers does not necessarily increase with age, according to research into the market....
Constellation Brands' CEO has described the drinks industry landscape as "a pretty target-rich environment"....
Constellation Wines' US arm is embarking on a host of festive season promotions to drive sales of five drinks brands....
Fifteen beverage alcohol producers in the US have paid a combined US$2.3m to settle a probe into rebates and gifts given to retailers to market their products in New York....
UK spirits group Halewood International has named former Constellation Brands executive Graham Oak as marketing director....
Constellation Wines US is set to sell one of its wineries in the country. The Constellation Brands subsidiary confirmed yesterday (26 October) that it has secured an agreement to sell Zillah winery in...
Jess Jackson and Barbara Banke have set up a wine company to target a new generation of wine drinkers....
Nearly 30,000 bottles of Strathmore mineral water have been withdrawn from sale in the UK after some were found to contain mould....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future