CARIBBEAN/LATAM: CEDC takes on Monarq as vodka distributor
Monarq started distributing CEDC's vodkas, including Zubrowka, in the Caribbean and LatAm from last month
The international arm of Central European Distribution Corporation has switched distributors in its Caribbean and Latin American markets and in US travel retail.
The Monarq group took over distribution of CEDC's vodka portfolio, which includes the Zubrowka brand, from the beginning of February, the two companies confirmed earlier this week. Monarq replaces Stansfeld Scott in the Caribbean and CEDC itself in Latin America. Details were not available about who previously distributed CEDC's brands in US travel retail.
“We have been looking for the right regional distribution partner since we acquired Green Mark vodka (through its Russian Alcohol Group purchase) in 2010 and were impressed with Monarq’s … in-depth knowledge of the markets and their brand building capabilities,” said Rich Roberts, CEDC International's VP of sales for the Americas & Asia. “For CEDC International, this is the perfect match to ensure the correct and successful implementation of the brands’ strategies.”
When contacted by just-drinks yesterday (15 March), a spokesperson for Monarq said that CEDC has been looking to “streamline its entire vodka business into the hands of one strong regional distribution and marketing company”.
Earlier this month, Monarq announced that it will begin distributing KWV's wines and brandies in the Caribbean and Latin American region later this year.
Diageo is toasting the release of The IWSR's Top 50 International Spirits Brands list, holding on to the top spot and boasting the largest grower in the top ten....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China