US: CEDC snaps up more Polish distributors
Central European Distribution Corporation has raised its full-year sales guidance after finalising the acquisitions of a number of unnamed Polish distributors.
The US-based group, which has expanded to become the largest alcohol distributor in Poland, said today (9 January) that it expects net sales for 2006 to reach US$931-US$956m, up from US$906-US$931m.
CEDC declined to name the acquisitions but said they would add US$25m in revenues at an outlay of only US$1.2m. CEDC officials failed to return to calls for comment as just-drinks went to press.
CEDC's acquisitions in the last 12 months also include Polish distributor Imperial, bought in August in a deal worth US$2.2m. The group last year also became Poland's largest vodka producer after snapping up Bols and Polmos Bialystok.
CEDC president and CEO William Carey said: "There continues to be great interest from distributors in joining the CEDC group as the spirit market is continuing to go through rapid consolidation. CEDC is taking the lead in this consolidation as we continue to explore opportunities in acquiring both new brands and alcohol distributors as per our management objectives for 2006."
CEDC runs 15 distribution centres and 87 satellite branches throughout Poland, handling brands including Johnnie Walker Scotch whisky, Concha y Toro's wine stable and Foster's lager.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) has announced that it has signed a definitive stock purchase agreement with Remy Cointreau/Botapol Management B.V. and Takirra Investment Corporation t...
Police in eastern Kenya have said that at least 24 people died on Saturday after drinking illegally produced alcohol....
According to a recently published study, people who drink alcohol may have a lower risk of developing a type of cancer which affects the lymphatic system known as non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL)....
Diageo is calling for facts labels to be placed on alcohol beverages in the US....
Kenyan authorities are to ban beer and spirits advertising from television and billboards in the country, according to a local report late last week....
Remy Cointreau has gone to holders of one of its bonds to gain permission to complete the sale of its stake in Bols....
Post-menopausal women who consume even moderate amounts of alcohol may face an increased risk of breast cancer, according to a comprehensive US study....
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Focus - Indonesia: Prohibition in Paradise?
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Bacardi hands global advertising to single agency
- Heineken "concerned" as Indonesia enacts beer ban
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly