POLAND: CEDC sees earnings soar during Q3
Poland's leading vodka producer Central European Distribution Corporation has seen profits more than double during the third quarter.
The US-based company said last night (6 November) that operating income soared by 161% to US$24m in the three months to 30 September.
Net sales rose 25% to $234m as the company, which distributes a raft of third-party products in Poland, increased the sales of its own brands, which include vodka brand Absolwent.
William Carey, the company's CEO and president, said: "We continue to see gross margin and operating margin improvement in the overall business, led by our strategy of selling a more premium portfolio of alcoholic beverages."
The company handles brands including Sauza Tequila, Concha y Toro wines, and Foster's lager.
EU accession was a big shock to the domestic drinks industries of the new EU members, opening up their markets to greater competition, but it also provided a potential boon to exports. Three years on,...
Moët Hennessey USA has been hit by a lawsuit over its Chopin vodka brand....
Stolichnaya has lined up a cinema advertising campaign in the UK as part of a fresh global push for the vodka brand....
Polmos Lublin has posted a huge leap in net profit for last year....
McCormick Distilling Company has announced the introduction of a new brand of premium vodka in the US that aims to be environmentally friendly....
Stolichnaya is set to open its LA-based Stoli Hotel and introduce a website to the public this week....
Vin & Sprit has lined up a fresh global advertising campaign for its Absolut vodka brand....
V&S Group has reported double digit growth in both operating profit and profit after tax in its first quarter, despite a fall in net sales, which were hit by exchange rate fluctuations...
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Diageo, Nolets unveil latest Ketel One campaign