US: CEDC secures Polish gas station distribution deal
Central European Distribution Corporation has lined up a distribution agreement in Poland.
The US-based company, which operates primarily in Poland and Hungary, said yesterday (5 June) that it has signed a two-year contract with PKN Orlen, Poland's largest gas station chain. CEDC will service all of Orlen's spirit and wine purchases, covering all of the Polish firm's 900 gas stations. FInancial details of the tie-up were not disclosed.
"We are excited to begin this relationship with Orlen, which we believe highlights our national distribution network and extensive product portfolio in Poland," said William Carey, CEO and president of CEDC. "We expect our cooperation with Orlen to be the beginning of a long-term partnership to service the wine and spirit needs of one of the largest chains of retail shops in the Polish market."
On the back of a raft of acquisitions, Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) has grown to become a major force in both the Polish and Hungarian spirits markets. Bill Carey, the company's ch...
There may be many facets to a winning marketing mix, but a strong brand name that captures the consumer's imagination is clearly fundamental. Patience Gould looks at some notable hits and misses to ge...
Constellation's US$885m purchase of Fortune Brands' wine portfolio further adds to the acquisitive US company's impressive line-up. Chris Losh believes the deal makes perfect sense for Constellation, ...
Sula Selections, the import arm of Sula Vineyards, has launched Asahi Super Dry beer in the Indian market....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has announced an addition to its 100 Años Tequila stable in the US....
The European Commissioner for Agriculture and Rural Development has warned the region's vodka producers that there will be "no nit-picking" over pending definition laws....
Brown-Forman has reported a healthy lift in operatng profit for its third quarter, thanks in part to its purchase of Casa Herrdura....
Anheuser-Busch has launched a new vodka brand through its Long Tail Libations spirits arm across the US....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Pernod takes Absolut Warhol push to Travel Retail
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014