US: CEDC secures Polish gas station distribution deal
Central European Distribution Corporation has lined up a distribution agreement in Poland.
The US-based company, which operates primarily in Poland and Hungary, said yesterday (5 June) that it has signed a two-year contract with PKN Orlen, Poland's largest gas station chain. CEDC will service all of Orlen's spirit and wine purchases, covering all of the Polish firm's 900 gas stations. FInancial details of the tie-up were not disclosed.
"We are excited to begin this relationship with Orlen, which we believe highlights our national distribution network and extensive product portfolio in Poland," said William Carey, CEO and president of CEDC. "We expect our cooperation with Orlen to be the beginning of a long-term partnership to service the wine and spirit needs of one of the largest chains of retail shops in the Polish market."
On the back of a raft of acquisitions, Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) has grown to become a major force in both the Polish and Hungarian spirits markets. Bill Carey, the company's ch...
There may be many facets to a winning marketing mix, but a strong brand name that captures the consumer's imagination is clearly fundamental. Patience Gould looks at some notable hits and misses to ge...
Constellation's US$885m purchase of Fortune Brands' wine portfolio further adds to the acquisitive US company's impressive line-up. Chris Losh believes the deal makes perfect sense for Constellation, ...
Sula Selections, the import arm of Sula Vineyards, has launched Asahi Super Dry beer in the Indian market....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has announced an addition to its 100 Años Tequila stable in the US....
The European Commissioner for Agriculture and Rural Development has warned the region's vodka producers that there will be "no nit-picking" over pending definition laws....
Brown-Forman has reported a healthy lift in operatng profit for its third quarter, thanks in part to its purchase of Casa Herrdura....
Anheuser-Busch has launched a new vodka brand through its Long Tail Libations spirits arm across the US....
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research