POLAND: CEDC renews Beam Inc distribution, Russian Standard talks ongoing
- CEDC signs further five-year deal with Beam Inc in Poland
- "Discussions continue" with Russian Standard over stake sale
- Polish whisk(e)y market rising strongly
CEDC to continue as exclusive distributor for Beam Inc in Poland
Central European Distribution Corp has renewed its exclusive distribution deal with Beam Inc in Poland, as the group continues to consider a proposal from Russian Standard.
Central European Distribution Corp (CEDC) will distribute Beam's brands in Poland for another five years, the firm announced today (24 January). The move comes amid growing demand for whisk(e)y in Poland; something both companies aim to capitalise on through the Jim Beam Bourbon brand.
“We are looking forward to further development of Jim Beam’s consumer base in Poland," said CEDC's CEO, William Carey. Poland's whisk(e)y market has nearly tripled in the the last five years, to around 10m litres, according to CEDC, which specialises in Central & Eastern Europe drinks markets.
“We are pleased to continue our successful cooperation with Beam Inc in Poland, which recognises the value of CEDC’s strong sales platform in the overall brown and white spirits market," said Carey. CEDC has distributed Beam's brands in Poland for around 12 years, a group spokesperson told just-drinks.
Separately, the spokesperson said that CEDC "continues to have ongoing discussions" with Russian Standard over the Russian vodka maker's proposal to increase its stake in the distributor.
Currently, CEDC is 9.9%-owned by Russian Standard, but the Russian firm has proposed to raise its shareholding by a further 19.9%, in exchange for handing over unspecified assets. "The offer made by Russian Standard is under our analysis," CEDC's spokesperson added.
Earlier this week, we ran part one of our interview with the CEO of Remy Martin, Patrick Piana. Here, in the second and concluding part, Piana looks at the emerging markets as well as the mature marke...
Patience Gould is keen to snap you romanticists back into the real world. Brace yourselves......
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report