POLAND/US: CEDC paves way for Tariko takeover
CEDC racked up big debts in the previous decade
Russian Standard owner Roustam Tariko will take sole control of Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) this week when a restructuring plan goes into effect.
CEDC, which filed for bankruptcy last month, will cancel its shares on the Warsaw Stock Exchange by Wednesday (5 June) and hand all outstanding stock to Tariko's Roust Trading, the company said late last week. In return, Tariko will fund cash payments to CEDC bondholders and write off the company's debts to Roust.
Bondholders will receive between 35-84% of their investments, while shareholders will receive nothing, a CEDC spokesperson told just-drinks.
The restructuring plan is expected to clear about US$665m of debt from CEDC, which has never recovered from high spending incurred through the acquisition of three Russian spirits companies in 2008. It follows CEDC's delisting from the NASDAQ stock market in April.
On Friday, CEDC also announced Alfa Bank has resumed lending to the company and has granted access to RUB1bn (US$30m).
Russian investor Roustam Tariko, the owner of Russian Standard, gained full control of CEDC in April 2013. The new owner is expected to focus more on the Russian market. This, in turn, could mean less...
Russian Standard has signed up a "performance philosopher" made famous online to star in its new global ad campaign....
New Amsterdam Spirits has launched its first US nation-wide TV campaign for its namesake vodka brand. ...
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report