POLAND/US: CEDC paves way for Tariko takeover
CEDC racked up big debts in the previous decade
Russian Standard owner Roustam Tariko will take sole control of Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) this week when a restructuring plan goes into effect.
CEDC, which filed for bankruptcy last month, will cancel its shares on the Warsaw Stock Exchange by Wednesday (5 June) and hand all outstanding stock to Tariko's Roust Trading, the company said late last week. In return, Tariko will fund cash payments to CEDC bondholders and write off the company's debts to Roust.
Bondholders will receive between 35-84% of their investments, while shareholders will receive nothing, a CEDC spokesperson told just-drinks.
The restructuring plan is expected to clear about US$665m of debt from CEDC, which has never recovered from high spending incurred through the acquisition of three Russian spirits companies in 2008. It follows CEDC's delisting from the NASDAQ stock market in April.
On Friday, CEDC also announced Alfa Bank has resumed lending to the company and has granted access to RUB1bn (US$30m).
Russian investor Roustam Tariko, the owner of Russian Standard, gained full control of CEDC in April 2013. The new owner is expected to focus more on the Russian market. This, in turn, could mean less...
Russian Standard has signed up a "performance philosopher" made famous online to star in its new global ad campaign....
New Amsterdam Spirits has launched its first US nation-wide TV campaign for its namesake vodka brand. ...
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Carlsberg takes on Stella Artois in new campaign
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014