US: CEDC on Polish distributor acquisition trail
Central European Distribution Corporation is looking to buy an unnamed drinks distributor in Poland.
The US-based company, which is the largest vodka producer in Poland, said yesterday (17 April) that it plans to spend around US$8m, through a combination of 80% cash and 20% shares, on the distributor.
"The distributor has over 15 years experience in the alcohol beverage industry and has annual net sales of approximately $60m to $65m," CEDC said.
The transaction, which is subject to Polish Anti-Monopoly Office approval, is expected to close by the middle of this year.
Last month, CEDC posted a 78% leap in operating profit for 2006 to $91.6m. Revenues for the year rose 26% to $944.1m.
News this week that SABMiller and Molson Coors are to team up in the US beer market may have caught the industry by surprise, but the logic is compelling. As Olly Wehring reports, not only can the dea...
Alcohol consumption in the UK has dropped for the second consecutive year, according to industry figures....
Rum producers from French overseas departments (counties) have been given a 50% tax break on excise duty charged on sales within mainland France, stretching until December 2012....
Singha Corp has announced plans to add a seventh plant to its operations specifically for bottled water and carbonated beverages....
The CEO of Blavod Extreme Spirits has left the company....
Peak Spirits has launched the first USDA-certified organic dry gin distilled in the US under its CapRock label....
Skyy Spirits has appointed of a new director of public relations and events....
Private equity firm EQT has voiced its desire to buy Vin & Sprit from the Swedish government, according to reports....
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Belvedere unveils executive team
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Diageo targets Millennials with DeLeon ads