RUSSIA/US: CEDC creates director post for Europe, Middle East and Africa
CEDC said the new post was a result of a growing export business
CEDC has appointed a regional director for Europe, Middle East & Africa to oversee the area's distribution network.
Richard Huck takes on the newly-created post after holding commercial management positions with William Grant & Sons, CEDC announced today (4 July). He previously helped build third-party distribution networks in Europe, the Middle East and Asia for brands including Grant’s, Glenfiddich, Clan MacGregor and Hendricks.
Huck, who will be based in London, starts the new role this month. CEDC said his appointment is a result of the company’s growing export business.
The month before, Russian Standard injected up to $310m into CEDC in return for a 28% stake. It followed what CEDC called management challenges in its Russian business.
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read Hot Topics on just-drinks in 2012....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read news stories on just-drinks in 2012....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Sustainability in Wine - Part II
- just the Ten - Top Analyses of 2014
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Coca-Cola Co promotes CEO's assistant to sales job
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018