RUSSIA/US: CEDC creates director post for Europe, Middle East and Africa
CEDC said the new post was a result of a growing export business
CEDC has appointed a regional director for Europe, Middle East & Africa to oversee the area's distribution network.
Richard Huck takes on the newly-created post after holding commercial management positions with William Grant & Sons, CEDC announced today (4 July). He previously helped build third-party distribution networks in Europe, the Middle East and Asia for brands including Grant’s, Glenfiddich, Clan MacGregor and Hendricks.
Huck, who will be based in London, starts the new role this month. CEDC said his appointment is a result of the company’s growing export business.
The month before, Russian Standard injected up to $310m into CEDC in return for a 28% stake. It followed what CEDC called management challenges in its Russian business.
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read Hot Topics on just-drinks in 2012....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read news stories on just-drinks in 2012....
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- just the Ten - Editor's Viewpoints of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod agrees Caribe Cooler sale to Grupo Bepensa
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Thailand pulls back from New Year alcohol ban