US/POLAND: CEDC completes distributon deal, raises guidance
Central European Distribution Corporation has acquired a Polish alcoholic drinks distributor.
The US-based company, which operates primarily in Poland and Hungary, said today (30 July) that it has signed a US$8.4m share purchase agreement with Polish distributor, PHS Sp.
"We are please to complete this acquisition of a strong distributor in western Poland," said CEDC president and CEO William Carey. "PHS has over 15 years experience in the market and will solidify our distribution presence in this key region of Poland."
The company has subsequently raised its full year net sales guidance for this year to between $1.13-$1.18bn, and its full year 2007 fully diluted earnings per share guidance to $1.5-$1.73.
CEDC also plans to raise its full year 2008 net sales guidance to between $1.26-$1.36bn, and its full year 2008 fully diluted earnings per share guidance to $2.03-$2.13.
Marketing spirits as constituents in new or popular cocktails has been a feature of the spirits category for years. And the growing emphasis on attracting younger consumers has meant the cocktail has ...
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
The auction for Vin & Sprit has begun, according to reports....
Pernod Ricard has refused to be drawn on whether it has submitted a preliminary bid for Vin & Sprit....
The Swedish authorities have warned that the current turbulence on global markets could slow the sale of Vin & Sprit....
Terlato Wines International (TWI) has created a luxury spirits division in conjunction with its partnership with Swiss distillery DIWISA, to market spirits across the US....
Diageo has promoted its responsible drinking message across the US by using its alliance between its Ciroc vodka brand and Sean Diddy Combs during a recent boxing match....
Production of vodka, distilled beverages and wine in Russia increased last year, according to the National Alcohol Association....
- Winners & losers of AB InBev's SABMiller takeover
- Can Bacardi take its rum back to the party?
- ABInBev on the verge of SABMiller buy? - Comment
- What Trans-Pacific Partnership means for drinks
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Anheuser-Busch InBev wins SABMiller's hand
- A-B InBev raises SABMiller offer to GBP70.5bn
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- Beam Suntory CMO to stand down
- Ketel One co-owner now Bols' largest shareholder
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV - Strategy and SWOT Report