POLAND: CEDC bids for more Bialystok shares
Central European Distribution Corporation has made a bid for the remaining shares in Polish distiller Polmos Bialystok.
The US-based group, which through a slew of acquisitions has become the Poland's leading vodka producer, is looking to up its stake in Polmos Bialystok after it bought took control of the company last year.
CEDC's offer for the stake prices the 4m shares at PLN85.25 (US$27.50) each. Under Polish law, the company must bid for the entire trance, although Polmos Bialystok employees own around 800,000 shares, a block that will remain under their control until at least next May.
CEDC produces the Absolwent, Zubrowka, Bols and Soplica brands and is also the leading distributor and the leading importer of alcoholic beverages in Poland and Hungary.
The company handles brands including Sauza Tequila, Concha y Toro wines, and Foster's lager.
Bacardi has been engaged in a legal battle with Pernod Ricard over the rights to the Havana Club trademark for years. But Patience Gould believes the US-based spirits giant is shooting itself in the f...
Diageo is hoping to draw a better consumer understanding of where its Smirnoff vodka brand comes from. The company, which unveiled a multi-platform global campaign for the vodka yesterday (9 April), i...
Pernod Ricard has lined up a fresh advertising campaign for Stolichnaya in the US....
Castle Brands has posted a healthy lift in sales volumes for the last quarter of its fiscal year....
Diageo is preparing a multi-platform global campaign for its Smirnoff vodka brand....
Constellation Brands has posted an increase in full-year earnings as rising wine sales in North America and a first contribution from its Vincor International business offset challenges in the UK. The...
Yet another premium Tequila is set to hit the US after Admiral Imports secured a deal to distribute Voodoo Tiki Tequila....
CL World Brands have quashed reports in India that the company is in talks over a possible joint venture with local firm John Distillers (JDL)....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts