US/EUR: CEDC announces Moody’s upgrade
Spirits producer Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) has announced that Moody's Investor Service has issued an upgrade on the company's corporate family rating from B2 to B1 with a stable outlook.
Moody's said the rating "reflects improving operating performance of the company" as well as "strong cash flow characteristics of its production business that enabled the company to reduce leverage".
"We are pleased that Moody's has recognised our improvements in operating performance and leverage as well as the success in integration of our Bols and Bialystok acquisitions that were completed in 2005," said CEDC president and CEO William Carey. "Debt reduction has been an integral part of our strategy following these acquisitions, and we look forward to continue to develop our business and strong cash flow."
Although based in the US, CEDC operates in Europe and is the largest vodka producer in Poland, producing brands such as Absolwent, Zubrowka, Bols and Soplica.
On the back of a raft of acquisitions, Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) has grown to become a major force in both the Polish and Hungarian spirits markets. Bill Carey, the company's ch...
Belvedere has posted a healthy lift in sales for the first nine months of this year, as Polish reports have claimed the company has acquired a local alcohol distributor....
Halewood International has unveiled two additions to its Red Square Vodka portfolio in the UK....
Pinky, the pink Swedish vodka brand, is to be distributed in the UK by Whyte & Mackay following the acquisition of the brand by Whyte & Mackay's parent company UB Group....
Vodka brand Svedka has launched an interactive website campaign designed to appeal to young and media-savvy consumers....
Polish spirits producer Polmos Bialystok has announced that Zubrowka Bison Grass Flavored Vodka is making its US debut in the Chicago and the New York metropolitan areas....
A drinks trade body in Ukraine has proposed a minimum price for vodka in the country, according to local reports....
UK crisps maker Tyrrells Potato Chips is planning to produce vodka made from potatoes and apples at its site in Herefordshire....
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- William Grant upgrades Glenfiddich Cask Collection
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends