POLAND: CEDC acquires Bols Vodka rights in Hungary
Central European Distribution Corporation has acquired an exclusive license of the rights to Bols Vodka in Hungary for approximately US$1.15 million dollars. Bols Vodka is the third-best-selling vodka and the number-one selling premium vodka in Hungary. Net annualized sales of the brand are approximately $805,000. CEDC owns the best-selling vodka in Hungary, Royal Vodka.
William Carey, president and CEO of CEDC, said: "We are pleased that we have obtained the rights for Bols Vodka in Hungary. The addition of Bols Vodka in Hungary is another step in achieving our strategy of acquiring well- positioned brands in Poland and the region. Last week we also bought back the rights for Rum Senorita, which has net annual sales of $1.2 million for approximately $707,000."
CEDC is the largest vodka producer in Poland and produces the Absolwent, Zubrowka, Bols and Soplica brands, among others. CEDC also produces and distributes Royal Vodka, the number-one-selling vodka in Hungary.
CEDC also is the leading distributor and the leading importer of alcoholic beverages in Poland and Hungary.
Riding the twin waves of a booming premium spirits market and growth in Tequila, The Patrón Spirits Company has made great strides in a short space of time. In this month's Just the Answer interview, ...
India's UB Group is close to finally sealing the takeover of UK distiller Whyte & Mackay, just-drinks understands. UB, headed by Indian billionaire Vijay Mallya, has pursued Whyte & Mackay since start...
Absolut vodka owner V&S Group has appointed a new chairman....
Finnish state-owned beverage alcohol group Altia Corporation today (21 March) confirmed that it is eyeing the Nordic operations of Absolut vodka owner V&S Group....
Castle Brands has lost its second finance chief in under five months....
UK Chancellor Gordon Brown has introduced index-linked increases to duty on beer, cider and wine in his latest Budget today (21 March). The Chancellor said that the duty on beer, cider and wine would ...
Italian spirits and wine group Davide Campari-Milano has seen annual profits inch up over 3% in 2006....
Constellation Brands has completed its acquisition of premium Swedish vodka brand Svedka....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- US spirits pricing went "a little high" - Diageo
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Carlsberg freezes Russia salaries, new hires
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research