US/RUSSIA: CEDC accepts Roust Trading deal
CEDC is slowly ceding control to the owner of Russian Standard
The owner of Russian Standard is on course to take an 85% stake in Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC), a week after SPI Group signalled a swoop for the debt-laden spirits maker.
CEDC said on Friday (8 March) it has agreed to Roust Trading's US$172m amended exchange offer tabled last week. Together with other moves, including diluting existing shareholders' stock to 5% of total equity, the offer will reduce CEDC's debt by about $635m, the company said.
The amended exchange offer expires on 22 March, CEDC said.
The news should interest SPI, who last Tuesday said it was considering a move for CEDC. The Luxembourg-based, Russia-originated company owns two sets of CEDC notes and claimed to be in talks with “a few strong financial players” in Russia over a deal.
CEDC has been struggling with debt, resulting in the firm handing operational control to leading shareholder and Russian Standard owner Roustam Tariko last month in return for US$65m. Tariko also owns Roust Trading.
CEDC said on Friday that its restructuring will not affect the company's operations in main markets Poland, Russia, Hungary or Ukraine.
To read CEDC's official statement, click here.
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- This week in spirits & wine
- Poland warning sends Stock Spirits shares tumbling
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts