UK: Cecchi teams up with Enotria in UK
Italian wine company Cecchi has switched distributors in the UK.
Cecchi confirmed today (11 January) that Enotria Winecellars will take over from Waverley TBS in the UK. No specific details were given for the change.
"We would like to thank Waverley TBS for their support," said Cesare Cecchi, "However, we feel the time has come to refocus our brand. We believe Enotria's Italian strength across the UK trade will help us to develop our wines in crucial new and exciting areas of the market."
Enotria's chief executive, Alison Levett, added: "The arrival of Cecchi comes at a very exciting time for Enotria. Cecchi's outstanding wines help bring balance to our offering from Tuscany & Umbria, allowing our portfolio to cover all the key trade markets areas."
Enotria, which has 92 employees, supplies wines to the on- and off-trade from 13 countries and more than 200 suppliers. It has four distribution depots across the UK.
Last year, the importer was sold to private equity group Isis Equity Partners for GBP8.2m (US$14.4m).
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015