US: Cecchetti, Racke USA merge
Cecchetti Wine Company and Racke USA have merged their operations.
The two companies confirmed today (21 January) that Cecchetti Racke, as the new entity is known, will be reviewing their current distribution network in all markets across the US "with an eye to maximising the company's portfolio of wines". Financial details behind the tie-up were not disclosed.
The company has projected annual sales of US$8.4m from around 140,000 cases of wine in 2009.
"We are currently meeting with all of our distributors to make sure that this project builds on the relationships both companies have established throughout the US," said Roy Cecchetti, co-president of the new company. "The strength of Racke .. also adds a great power to the equation. They have more than 150 years of experience in the wine business, millions of cases sold internationally, including 1.6m cases of Golden Kaan in the ... five years since its launch.
"Our mission is to become a leading premium brand owner and importer of trusted quality wines from high profile and up-and-coming wine growing regions around the world."
Brands in the new company include Line 39 from Lake County, Golden Kaan from South Africa - a joint venture between KWV and Racke - Espiritu de Chile, Espiritu de Argentina - joint ventures between Aresti and Racke - and Redtree, a line of Californian value wines.
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future