USA: CCU's Credit Quality Enhanced by A-B's Stake in Company
The decision by Anheuser-Busch (A-B) to purchase 14 percent of the outstanding shares of Compania Cervecerias Unidas S.A. (CCU) for $224 million bodes well for CCU's long-term credit profile according to Joe Bormann, an analyst at Fitch. 'CCU has maintained a very strong credit profile for the past decade. The company's financials are solid and its business position is secure. The company's long-term interest is now closely aligned with those of the largest brewer in the world, A-B,' Bormann said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Brewers Feel Prolonged Russian Winter
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Portman finds against Diageo "mix it up" tagline
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Bacardi sees North America president step down