CHILE: CCU shrugs off slump in wine sales
Chile-based drinks group Compania de Cervecerias Unidas has reported a healthy rise in volumes despite a slump in domestic wine sales.
CCU posted a 9% rise in volumes during 2006, despite a fall in the amount of wine it sold domestically.
Beer volumes in Chile rose 12.9% to 4.7m hectolitres, while in Argentina, they were up 7.9% to 2.4m hl. Soft drinks volumes in Chile were also up, by 7.4%.
CCU's wine business, however, suffered with domestic sales dropping almost 12% and export volumes falling 0.4%.
Meanwhile, the company yesterday (11 January) said that Christopher Barrow is standing down from his position as director. Massimo von Wunster has been added to the board until the next general meeting.
Jointly-owned by Chilean industrial and financial group Quinenco and Dutch brewer Heineken, CCU is the biggest brewer in Chile and the second-largest brewer in Argentina.
UBS has increased its 2007 growth estimates for Heineken. However, in a research note the investment bank said it was maintaining its "neutral 1" rating on the Dutch brewer....
Diageo has dismissed, yet again, speculation that it is considering selling its Guinness beer brand....
Heineken and FEMSA have extended their tie-up in Brazil....
Heineken's group commerce director will leave the business due to "differing views" with the brewer's CEO....
Dutch brewer Heineken is continuing to extend its presence in the US. The company said yesterday (21 June) that it had officially opened a Northeast regional business unit office in Stamford, Connecti...
Heineken has launched its Premium Light brand in cans in the US....
MCS-Asia Pacific Brewery, the partnership between Singapore's Asia Pacific Breweries (APB) and Eastern Asia's MCS Holdings (MCS), plans to brew Tiger beer in Mongolia....
Heineken is targeting strong export potential from its newly-acquired brewery in the Czech Republic....
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research