CHILE: CCU share trading under investigation
SVS, the Chilean securities regulator, is to investigate possible fraudulent trading in shares of Compania Cervecerias Unidas, the Chilean beverage company. The investigation will be conducted alongside one into share trading in the natural gas distributor Gasco SA.
The Dow Jones newswire quoted a SVS spokeswoman saying that the regulator is investigating the responsibility of the DCV, the central securities deposit, and the companies in possible frauds that affected a "relatively reduced number of shareholders in both companies," the spokeswoman said.
She went on to say that although the companies and the DCV may be guilty of some negligence, the fraud was committed by white-collar criminals outside these institutions.
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Scotch whisky sees sales turn corner - SWA head
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research