CHILE: CCU seeks control of pisco market - report
Compania Cervecerias Unidas SA (CCU) is looking to take a majority stake in the Chilean pisco market, according to a local newspaper report.
The financial daily Diario Financiero said yesterday that CCU had requested permission from Chile's competition authorities to make a bid for Cooperativa Agricola Pisquera Elqui, also known as Capel.
CCU already owns a 43% stake in the market having acquired Pisco Control earlier in the year.
Capel has a 55.9% market share.
The newspaper said the company couldn't immediately confirm the accuracy of the report.
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard pairs Usain Bolt with Mumm Champagne