CHILE: CCU sales up 3.4% in Q2
Compania Cervecerias Unidas (CCU), Chile's largest brewer, yesterday reported a 3.4% increase in second quarter sales volumes and a 4.4% increase in first half volumes.
Growth was seen in the quarter in both Chile, up 2.9% to 1.755m
Hectolitres, and Argentina where volumes rose 6.4%, compared to the same period last year.
First-half overall volumes rose 3.0% in Chile and 11.3% in Argentina.
CCU's first-quarter net profit fell by half from last year due to an extraordinary gain in 2003 and as financial items offset robust sales growth.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- SABMiller's troubles fuel M&A rumours
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's H1 Performance by Brand
- Three Questions for the Drinks Industry
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- Moet Hennessy sales falter in YTD
- Diageo Q1 sales dip "in line with expectations"
- Diageo to appeal Parrot Bay UK TV ad ban