CHILE: CCU sales up 3.4% in Q2
Compania Cervecerias Unidas (CCU), Chile's largest brewer, yesterday reported a 3.4% increase in second quarter sales volumes and a 4.4% increase in first half volumes.
Growth was seen in the quarter in both Chile, up 2.9% to 1.755m
Hectolitres, and Argentina where volumes rose 6.4%, compared to the same period last year.
First-half overall volumes rose 3.0% in Chile and 11.3% in Argentina.
CCU's first-quarter net profit fell by half from last year due to an extraordinary gain in 2003 and as financial items offset robust sales growth.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's H1 & Q2
- NPD: Alcohol Beverage “Mash-Ups” Fuel Innovation
- Focus - SABMiller's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Sales, profits fall at Moet Hennessy in H1
- Britvic promotes GB marketing head to global post
- Molson Coors CEO to retire
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned