CHILE: CCU reports 7.6% rise in volumes Q1
The largest brewer in Chile CCU saw its sales volumes increase 7.6% in the first-quarter of 2003, compared with the same period last year.
The company sold 3.06 million hectolitres in the quarter, of which 2.48 million hectolitres were produced in Chile and 580,000 in Argentina, the company said in a statement. Its strongest volume increase were its Argentine operations and in its wine unit San Pedro.
San Pedro sales reached 111,000 hectolitres in the period, up 47.2% on last year. CCU Argentina increased sales by 27.5 percent to 530,000 hectolitres.
CCU is owned by Chile's Quinenco and German brewer Paulaner. But Heineken is planning to acquire Paulaner's stake.
Dutch brewer Heineken is rumored to have released a self-chilling beer can....
ING has raised its target for Heineken's share price after analysing the brewer's options to save costs....
Heineken's CEO-in-waiting has no plan to radically alter the brewer's strategy, he said in an interview today....
Heineken has restructured its top management, in a move that includes the retirement of current CEO and chairman Thony Ruys from October this year....
Heineken said yesterday that its Austrian subsidiary Brau Union AG has signed an agreement for the divestment of its Real Estate Division. This division comprises all non-business related real estate ...
Heineken has acquired a 40% stake in a Chinese brewery....
Heineken Espana is looking to invest heavily in a new plant in southern Spain....
Grupo Empresarial Bavaria is not looking to sell up, its president has confirmed....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends