CHILE: CCU Q4 sales rise across the board
Compania Cervecerias Unidas (CCU) has posted a rise in Q4 sales volume. The brewer, Chile's largest, announced yesterday that sales in the fourth quarter of 2003 climbed by 8.9% year-on-year. The company credits sales growth in almost all of its beverage products in Argentina and Chile.
Beer sales volume in Chile grew by 7.2% year-on-year in the fourth quarter to 1.2m hectolitres, while in Argentina beer rose by 8.8% to 643,007 hectolitres. Soft drink volume in Chile rose by 5.6% for the company to 985,983 hectolitres.
Earlier this year, CCU began producing and selling Heineken in the region through a joint venture. The company is controlled by Quinenco and Heineken.
Volume growth was also reported for CCU's juice, mineral water and wine lines.
Dutch brewer Heineken is rumored to have released a self-chilling beer can....
ING has raised its target for Heineken's share price after analysing the brewer's options to save costs....
Heineken's CEO-in-waiting has no plan to radically alter the brewer's strategy, he said in an interview today....
Heineken has restructured its top management, in a move that includes the retirement of current CEO and chairman Thony Ruys from October this year....
Heineken said yesterday that its Austrian subsidiary Brau Union AG has signed an agreement for the divestment of its Real Estate Division. This division comprises all non-business related real estate ...
Heineken has acquired a 40% stake in a Chinese brewery....
Heineken Espana is looking to invest heavily in a new plant in southern Spain....
Grupo Empresarial Bavaria is not looking to sell up, its president has confirmed....
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Diageo, Nolets unveil latest Ketel One campaign