CHILE: CCU, Nestle team up in Chile
Compania Cervecerias Unidas has entered into a partnership with Nestle in the Chilean bottled water market.
The South American drinks company, which operates principally in Chile and Argentina, said today (6 December) that its subsidiary Embotelladoras Chilenas Unidas (ECU) has teamed up with Nestle Waters Chile to jointly own ECU's water unit, to be henceforth known as Aguas CCU-Nestle Chile SA.
The agreement, which sees the two units own the mineral water brands Cachantun and Porvenir, sees Nestle Waters Chile pay CLP16,47bn (US$33.2m) for a 20% stake in the unit. Nestle also has a call option to up its holding to 49.9% within 18 months of today.
While ECU also brings the purified water brand Glacier and production facilities in Coinco and Casablanca to the j-v, Nestle Chile will provide Aguas CCU-Nestle with an exclusive and indefinite license for production and sales of the Nestle Pure Life brand.
Earlier this year, CCU posted a rise in sales volumes for the year to the end of September. Sales were up by 5.6% on the corresponding period a year earlier to 9.73m hectolitres.
Compañía Cervecerías Unidas has posted a healthy set of results for the first three months of 2008....
Nestlé Waters is planning to cut 250 jobs at its mineral water production sites at Vittel and Contrex in eastern France, by the end-of 2009....
Nascent Wine has posted a boost in sales for its full year and fourth quarter results....
Nestle Waters has responded to claims that it is unfairly profiting from a spring water source in Florida in the US....
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research