CHILE: CCU makes Q3 inroads into net profit
Compania Cervecerias Unidas (CCU) has posted a steep rise in Q3 net profit. The Chilean brewer said yesterday (3 November) that net profit in the third quarter totalled CLP5.215 bln (US$8.65 mln), up 23.7% year-on-year.
Net sales for the period stood at CLP94.625 bln, a rise of 4.9% year-on-year, while operating profit rose by 5.8% to CLP8.034 bln. Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) stood at CLP17.88 bln, up 1.4%.
For the nine-month period from January to September this year, net sales were up by 7.8% on the same period last year, reaching CLP292.385 bln.
Net profit, on the other hand, is down a massive 40.4% year-on-year at CLP21.839 bln.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research