CHILE: CCU looking to enter Brazil - report
Compania Cervecerias Unidas (CCU) is considering entering the Brazilian market, according to press reports. The Chilean beverage maker, which has brands in the beer, soft drink, juice, mineral water and wine markets, is thinking about branching out of Chile and Argentina.
Chilean newswire ValorFuturo yesterday quotes president of Quinenco, CCU's controlling shareholder in its story. "In the future there might be news on the matter," said Guillermo Luksic.
Last week, CCU posted a rise in Q4 sales volume. The brewer, Chile's largest, said that sales in the fourth quarter of 2003 climbed by 8.9% year-on-year. The company credited sales growth in almost all of its beverage products in Argentina and Chile.
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- The global beer category - The facts
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research