CHILE: CCU fourth quarter up with Heineken sales
The Chilean brewer Compania Cervecerias Unidas (CCU) has seen its fourth quarter net profit leap 59% compared to last year to 18.117 billion pesos (US$30.5m), as the inclusion of Heineken in its portfolio paid off.
Revenues grew 13.5% to 118.006 billion pesos. The company cited strong beer sales in Argentina and Chile, as well as increased wine and soft drinks sales for the growth.
In a statement CEO Patricio Jottar said: "In the Chile beer segment volumes grew 7.3% and operating income 70.4 percent due to the incorporation of Heineken to our portfolio...the appreciation of the Chilean peso, and the economic reactivation.
Soft drinks, mineral waters and nectars also increased volume by 7.9%.
Dutch brewer Heineken is rumored to have released a self-chilling beer can....
ING has raised its target for Heineken's share price after analysing the brewer's options to save costs....
Heineken's CEO-in-waiting has no plan to radically alter the brewer's strategy, he said in an interview today....
Heineken has restructured its top management, in a move that includes the retirement of current CEO and chairman Thony Ruys from October this year....
Heineken said yesterday that its Austrian subsidiary Brau Union AG has signed an agreement for the divestment of its Real Estate Division. This division comprises all non-business related real estate ...
Heineken has acquired a 40% stake in a Chinese brewery....
Heineken Espana is looking to invest heavily in a new plant in southern Spain....
Grupo Empresarial Bavaria is not looking to sell up, its president has confirmed....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- This week in spirits & wine
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts