GREECE: CCHBC sees "solid" first quarter
Coca-Cola HBC today (16 May) posted a "solid" start to 2006 with volumes and earnings up during its first quarter.
CCHBC, one of the world's largest Coke bottlers, reported a 12% rise in underlying operating profits to EUR54m (US$69.2m). Net profit leapt 39% to EUR20m on the back of a 9% rise in volumes, which hit 340m cases.
Doros Constantinou, managing director of CCHBC, said: "I am pleased with our performance during the first three months of the year which reflects solid organic volume growth combined with favourable price mix.
"While the first quarter is typically a small one for our business, it was particularly encouraging to see volume improvement and pricing realisation in line with our expectations across most countries."
CCHBC said that volumes in its more "established" markets - mostly in Western Europe - were flat as "softness" in Switzerland offset rising sales in Greece.
However, the company fared better in its "developing" and "emerging" markets, which saw volumes rise 9% and 18% respectively. CCHBC noted strong showings across Central and Eastern Europe and pointed to rising volumes in newer markets like Russia and Romania.
Dresdner Kleinwort has initiated coverage of Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company....
A director at Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company has resigned....
Wimm-Bill-Dann Foods has appointed two senior directors for its beverage department....
Coca-Cola HBC is to axe 90 jobs in Bulgaria as it restructures its local business ahead of the country's potential accession to the EU next year....
Coca-Cola HBC is planning to build a plant in Northern Ireland in the next stage of its restructuring on both sides of the Irish border....
Strong volume growth in emerging markets and the football World Cup have combined to drive first-half earnings at Coca-Cola HBC....
The Italian subsidiary of Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Co. has expanded its plant in the north of the country....
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Co. has completed its joint acquisition with Coca-Cola Co. of the Italian mineral water company Traficante Group....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future