GREECE: CCHBC seeks buyout deals in Europe, Russia
Coca Cola Hellenic Bottling (CCHBC) is searching for buyout opportunities within the juice and water categories in central Europe and Russia.
Speaking to just-drinks today (17 December), a spokesperson for CCHBC said "we are looking for acquisitions to cover needs or gaps in our portfolio. Not just a juice company in central Europe and a water company in Russia, because one doesn't exclude the other. But in Russia, we already had a recent acquisition on juices, so it isn't a priority."
In March 2005, CCHBC teamed up with The Coca-Cola Company to acquire Multon, a leading Russian fruit juice producer. The transaction fee was in the region of EUR360m ($528.8m).
In what was described as part of CCHBC's "long-term growth strategy", the spokesperson said that the size of the buyouts had not been decided, adding: "There is nothing specific, just intent."
The spokesperson contributed to recent speculation over the rising costs of raw materials, adding: "I can't confirm [prices] specifically next year. But I can say we will take pricing in line with inflation."
Last month, the Greece-based bottler said that operating profit for the period reached EUR581.4m (US$848.3m), up 33% on the corresponding period in 2006. The rise came on the back of growing sales, which totalled EUR4.79bn compared to EUR1.64bn a year earlier. Net income rose by 26% year-on-year to EUR336.8m.
If Coca-Cola Company CEO Neville Isdell thought the impending end of his tenure would allow him to bow out of his last AGM as CEO peacefully, he would have been sorely disappointed....
Carlsberg hopes to have completed negotiations to sell off a handful of soft drinks brands to The Coca-Cola Company by the second quarter of this year, a spokesman reiterated to just-drinks today....
Global soft drink giant The Coca-Cola Company has announced it is to invest US$50m in the expansion and up-scaling of its bottling lines across Kenya....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has seen "soft economic conditions" in North America hamper its first quarter performance....
Cadbury Schweppes has issued a first quarter trading update, whilst maintaining that the demerger of its US soft drinks business remains on schedule....
Coca-Cola North America (CCNA) has introduced a limited edition vintage Coca-Cola bottle based on a design used in the early twentieth century....
The Coca-Cola Co. has secured a placing for its Odwalla juice drinks portfolio in Caribou Coffee shops in the US....
Coca-Cola Femsa has received shareholder approval for its full-year dividend payment....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research