GREECE: CCHBC in coffee venture with Coke and Illycaffè
Athens-based soft drinks bottler Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company (CCHBC) is to form a joint venture partnership with Coca-Cola and the Italian coffee company Illycaffè to market ready-to-drink coffee.
CCHBC said it had signed a letter of intent with Coke to allow the formation of a three way joint venture with Illycaffè. The new joint venture company will produce, market and sell premium ready-to-drink coffee across CCHBC's territories.
The move follows the announcement by Coke last month that it had established a global joint venture with Illycaffè.
CCHBC said negotiations relating to the precise structure of the joint venture would be concluded by early next year. The deal is also subject to regulatory approval.
"Ready-to-drink coffee is a small but high-growth high-value category in most of our markets," said CCHBC managing director Doros Constantinou. "The formation of this joint venture will combine the strengths of the Coca-Cola System around marketing, customer relationships, and route-to market capabilities with Illy a premium coffee brand. Furthermore, this joint venture will further strengthen our premium product offering and will allow us to maximise its potential working with two very strong partners who share the same vision as ourselves."
If Coca-Cola Company CEO Neville Isdell thought the impending end of his tenure would allow him to bow out of his last AGM as CEO peacefully, he would have been sorely disappointed....
Shares in the Dr Pepper Snapple Group officially begun trading on the New York Stock Exchange on Wednesday (7 May). Headlines accompanying the first few days of this newly-listed soft drinks group wer...
The Cognac market - or at least the VSOP-and-above part of it - is riding the crest of a wave and will be finding it increasingly difficult to meet demand. But having seen booms and busts before, Chri...
Coca-Cola Hellenic (CCHBC) has had a "solid start" to 2008, with sales and profits both rising in the first quarter....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated has posted a net loss in its first quarter in what it has described as an "extremely challenging" cost environment....
The Hungarian arm of Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Co. (CCHBC), Coca-Cola Beverages Hungary (CCBH), has begun operating a new bottling line at its Dunaharaszti plant, according to local reports....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has confirmed its latest quarterly dividend....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report