BULGARIA: CCHBC fined for third time
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Co.'s local subsidiary has been fined again for breaching competition rules. Bulgaria's anti-monopoly watchdog said yesterday (16 September) that the company has been fined after running a raffle for a third time in less than a year.
The Commission for Protection of Competition fined the company BGL80,000 (US$49,720) for organising a raffle, which offered prizes, such as new cars and radios, whose value exceeded significantly its products' prices.
"The actions...in respect to the raffle are contradicting the good trade practices," the watchdog said in a statement, stressing that the prizes were putting psychological pressure on consumers to change their market preferences.
"This is the third time in eight months that the commission imposes a fine on the company for breaching competition rules," it said.
The subsidiary was fined BGL100,000 in February, and again in December on similar grounds.
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling (CCHBC) has completed its buyout of Bankia....
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling has had its rating upped....
The soft drink bottler Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling said today that it had seen a strong first quarter volume performance, with sales of 311m unit cases, 4% above 2004 on a reported basis....
Coca Cola Hellenic Bottling Co stumped up around €202m (US$263.9m) for its recent acquisitions in Russian and Serbia, the company has said in its annual report....
The European Union has given Coca-Cola Co. and Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Co. the green light to acquire Multon....
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Co. (CCHBC) is mulling upping its presence in its domestic bottled water market....
Groupe Danone is keen to follow other global food and drink companies into Russia's bottled water and beverage market, according to local reports....
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company has teamed up with The Coca-Cola Company to make a second Eastern European acquisition in 2005....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018