GREECE: CCHBC figures climb in year so far
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company (CCHBC) has posted a lift in both sales and profits for the first nine months of 2007.
The Greece-based bottler said today (13 November) that operating profit for the period reached EUR581.4m (US$848.3m), up 33% on the corresponding period in 2006. The rise came on the back of growing sales, which totalled EUR4.79bn compared to EUR1.64bn a year earlier.
Net income rose by 26% year-on-year to EUR336.8m.
For the quarter to the end of September, operating profit was up by 30% on Q3 2006, coming in at EUR268.9m. Sales reached EUR1.83bn against EUR1.58bn, with net profit climbing to EUR210.5m from EUR160m.
"Our performance in the third quarter has built on the strong momentum achieved at the half-year with the continued successful execution of our strategy across our geographies and product categories," said company MD, Doros Constantinou.
"We are in the process of completing our business planning cycle and believe that our in-country strategic initiatives, coupled with the positive momentum we are witnessing across our territories, will support Coca-Cola Hellenic's vision of being the undisputed leader in every market in which we compete."
Earlier this week, CCHBC, announced that it will form a joint venture partnership with The Coca-Cola Company and Italian coffee company Illycaffe to market RTD coffee. The new alliance will produce, market and sell premium RTD coffee beverages across CCHBC's territories.
If Coca-Cola Company CEO Neville Isdell thought the impending end of his tenure would allow him to bow out of his last AGM as CEO peacefully, he would have been sorely disappointed....
Global soft drink giant The Coca-Cola Company has announced it is to invest US$50m in the expansion and up-scaling of its bottling lines across Kenya....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has seen "soft economic conditions" in North America hamper its first quarter performance....
The Hungarian arm of Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Co. (CCHBC), Coca-Cola Beverages Hungary (CCBH), has begun operating a new bottling line at its Dunaharaszti plant, according to local reports....
Moscow police are looking for the murderers of the Russian Juice Producers Union's president, who was beaten to death by masked attackers last weekend, according to local reports....
Cadbury Schweppes has issued a first quarter trading update, whilst maintaining that the demerger of its US soft drinks business remains on schedule....
Coca-Cola North America (CCNA) has introduced a limited edition vintage Coca-Cola bottle based on a design used in the early twentieth century....
The Coca-Cola Co. has secured a placing for its Odwalla juice drinks portfolio in Caribou Coffee shops in the US....
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- What's in store for Super Bowl 5 - Focus
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- Moet Hennessy sees China rebound in strong FY
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research