RUSSIA: CCHBC Eurasia inks Rostov plant deal
Coca-Cola HBC Eurasia has signed an investment agreement with the administration of the Rostov region for the development of its 14th production plant in Russia.
Speaking to just-drinks today (27 September), a spokesperson for CCHBC said that the deal, signed last Saturday, involves a EUR120m (US$170m) investment in the construction of a plant in South Russia, in anticipation of the 2014 Olympic Games.
The plant, which is scheduled to begin construction in November, involves building upon 23 hectares of land. On completion, the company hopes to have an estimated annual capacity of 300m litres at the facility, using six production lines.
The spokesperson added: "The south region is very important and has no production facilities. With the winter Olympics of 2014 approaching and Coca-Cola being one of the oldest partners of the Olympic movement in the world, we need these facilities."
CCHBC is one of the world's largest bottlers of products of The Coca-Cola Co. and has operations in 28 countries serving a population of more than 540m people. In Russia, it currently operates 13 soft drink production facilities and over 60 distribution centres, based in major cities. The total investment in the Russian economy by the Coca-Cola system exceeds US$1.5bn.
Trading in the securities of US soft drinks company Beverage Creations has been suspended, due to "manipulative forces or deceptive practices"....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has acquired a franchised Coca-Cola bottling company in Mexia, Texas....
The best-selling new US beverage in 2007 was Vault, a soft drink owned by Coca-Cola Co., which hit sales of $70m, according to industry analysts IRI....
The Coca-Cola Co.'s CEO was given a raise of over 3% last year, compared to what he took home the year before....
Simply Orange Juice Co. is entering the third year of its offer to give US consumers a bag of fresh oranges if they do not agree that its juice tastes "as fresh as a juicy orange"....
The Coca-Cola Co. paid around US$1.7m last year on Government lobbying in the US, according to recent records....
The president and COO of the Coca-Cola Co. has been nominated by the soft drinks group's board of directors to stand for election as a director of the company at the Annual Meeting of Shareowners in A...
The Coca-Cola company has secured an extension of its beverage contract with US restaurant chain Wingstop....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Analysis - Cider's Campaign Gains
- Analysis - SABMiller's LatAm aim? Drink more beer
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Pernod Ricard appoints Absolut Vodka VP
- Edrington posts FY profits drop
- Beam Suntory to re-package Courvoisier Cognac
- TWE, Pernod hail China-Aus FTA
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beer, 2014 and the future