BULGARIA: CCHBC axes 90 jobs in efficiency drive
Coca-Cola HBC is to axe 90 jobs in Bulgaria as it restructures its local business ahead of the country's potential accession to the EU next year.
The Coke bottler is transferring production from its site in the Bulgarian city of Plovdiv to the eastern town of Kostinbrod, where it has its largest plant in the country. The company plans to keep some distribution functions at its Plovdiv site.
A CCHBC Bulgaria spokesperson told just-drinks today (16 August) that the move was part of the company's plan to drive efficiencies across Europe. The strategy has already led to restructuring in Ireland and Greece.
She added: "The restructuring in Bulgaria is necessary in order to capitalise on opportunities presented by EU Accession expected in 2007 and to position ourselves for increased competition from European and local competition.
"It is important that we make these changes ahead of EU accession, in order to improve our operational efficiency and sustain the long-term viability of our business in Bulgaria."
This week, The Coca-Cola Co. snapped up niche US firm Fuze Beverage. The acquisition signals a realisation from Coca-Cola Co. that it needs to bolster its presence outside the carbonates market in the...
The health and wellness boom has precipitated huge growth in the low-cal and no-cal soft drinks market, and with it great strides in the development of artificial sweeteners. Annette Farr reports on h...
Some 50 to 100 jobs will be cut at Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated as the company looks to drive efficiencies across the business, the US bottler said today (8 February)....
Coca-Cola North America has teamed up with hip hop star Jay-Z to design a new look for its Cherry Coke brand....
The Coca-Cola Co. and Nestlé have been reportedly hit by yet more controversy about their 'calorie-burning' joint venture....
The Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI), a US consumer watchdog, has filed a lawsuit against The Coca-Cola Co. and Nestlé over their claims for green-tea drink Enviga....
The former Coca-Cola secretary charged with stealing company secrets has been found guilty....
Coca-Cola HBC is "exploring" the idea of producing the traditional Russian bread drink kvas....
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends