GREECE: CCHBC appoints new MD after resignation
The company said that Finan had resigned from his positions as managing director and member of the board for personal reasons. However, Finan will be available over the next few months, to help with the transition.
"Having worked for over 22 years in the Coca-Cola HBC family, Mr. Finan has made a significant contribution to the success of the organisation," the company said in a statement. George David, chairman of CCHBC said: "Finan has been a key member of the management team that has led Coca-Cola HBC's successful journey over the past years. We understand Irial's decision and wish him well for the future".
Constantinou's appointment is effective immediately. He will also serve as a director on the board of the company.
Constantinou's most recent position was as managing director of Frigoglass S.A., a public company listed on the Athens Stock Exchange with operations in 16 countries around the world. Frigoglass is one of the leading manufacturers of coolers (beverage retail refrigerator units) worldwide. In 1985 Constantinou joined the Hellenic Bottling Company (HBC) where he held several senior financial positions. In 1996 he was appointed to the position of CFO and he remained in this position until August 2000, when he joined Frigoglass.
He was also a member of the team that led the integration of the HBC-CCB merger in June 2000. David said: "I am very pleased to have someone of Mr Constantinou's experience and calibre to serve as our Managing Director. We expect the success that the company has seen over many years to continue under his leadership". CCHBC said that Constantinou's experience of running diverse a business similar to CCHBC had made him the ideal candidate.
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling (CCHBC) has completed its buyout of Bankia....
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling has had its rating upped....
The soft drink bottler Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling said today that it had seen a strong first quarter volume performance, with sales of 311m unit cases, 4% above 2004 on a reported basis....
Coca Cola Hellenic Bottling Co stumped up around €202m (US$263.9m) for its recent acquisitions in Russian and Serbia, the company has said in its annual report....
Coca-Cola Enterprises yesterday announced a major reshuffle of its senior management team....
The European Union has given Coca-Cola Co. and Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Co. the green light to acquire Multon....
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Co. (CCHBC) is mulling upping its presence in its domestic bottled water market....
Groupe Danone is keen to follow other global food and drink companies into Russia's bottled water and beverage market, according to local reports....
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Chilli targets beer with Rekorderlig Dry Apple
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014